In addition to a fabulous location and a wealth of amenities, the Whitehouse Apartments have a successful and well-managed Resident’s and Owners’ Association. The WHROA is led by an elected Committee including residents Gina Baksa (Chair) and Andrea Dahlberg (Communications Director).
The Whitehouse has near 380 apartments, so the Owners’ and Residents’ Association provides an essential forum and a valuable link between residents and management.
The aims of the Association include:
· Provide a forum for all owners and residents to exchange information and experience;
· Draw attention to developments which may affect the quality of life in the Whitehouse Apartments and on the South Bank and environs;
· Represent the interests of members collectively to the management of the Whitehouse Apartments, the local authority, and to other key stakeholders;
· Monitor and comment on major issues affecting the quality of life in the area, including planning, traffic management, licensing, cultural activities, community safety and policing.
We reach our residents via:
· Communication through a dedicated website and email group;
· Regular meetings, held every 4-6 weeks.
· Membership is FREE and open to all owners and residents aged 18 and above of the Whitehouse Apartments, 9 Belvedere Road, SE1, London, United Kingdom.
Inviting outside speakers enables the Association to provide residents with information about local property developments as well as property values in the area. To date, speakers have included:
George Cochrane representing the Elizabeth House Developers (planned development for Waterloo station area along York Road).
Steven Herd, Managing Director of Award-Winning Estate and Letting Agents MyLondonHome.
Speakers from the Qatari Group – the consortium behind the new Shell Development.
In addition to being a valuable forum for information gathering and sharing, the WHRA is very much a social group whereby residents can meet informally over drinks or social events and get to know one another. In fact, we've just had our very well-attended summer barbecue - held in the rear garden facing the Imax cinema.
If you’ve recently bought an apartment in the Whitehouse, either as a landlord or an owner, and would like to join WORA then email: